Below are five factors to consider whether a story is newsworthy. When editors are in their morning meetings and determining what stories to cover that day, the following factors are taken into account.
- Timing – News items that are new and current are given first priority.
- Proximity – The closer to your area, the more newsworthy the story becomes.
- Significance – Consider how many people your news will affect. The more people affected, the greater coverage your story will receive.
- Prominence – Famous people get more coverage just because they are famous.
- Human Interest – Does the story appeal to people’s emotions? Whether its humor or sadness, the story must envoke some feeling for the viewer, listener or reader.
Types of newsworthy company news hooks , include:
- New Company, Division, Product or Service
- Expansion Announcement
- Company name change or relocation
- Key company or employee achievements
- Merger/Acquisition or strategic alliance/partnership
- Company Milestones
- New contract announcement
- Survey results
- Safety programs
- New board leadership and appointments
New Client Announcement
Need to Build a Buzz? Watch this video to learn how we can help!
PublicCity PR Adds Hope Brown, APR as Principal
Michigan Entrepreneurs Show Off At 'Great Lakes Showcase'
PublicCity PR Adds Clients to Its Expanding Portfolio
PublicCity PR named "On the Rise" company by Detroit Regional Chamber
Jason Brown of PublicCity PR appears on Michigan Entrepreneur TV
PublicCity PR Adds Four Clients To Its Expanding Roster.
PublicCity PR appears on Voices of Detroit Podcast. Click here to listen.
An inside look at PublicCity PR, by Detroit Fashion Pages.
Results: PublicCity PR brings national media attention to the Whistle Stop Café.
PublicCity PR featured on MediaBistro.com
PublicCity PR featured in Metromode
PublicCity Launches to Build the Buzz for Area Businesses