How do you rate your company’s social media strategy? If your answer is, “What’s a social media strategy?”, then we need to talk.
In today’s market, what people say online about a business, its products or services can have a serious impact on its success or failure. Consumers rely heavily on their virtual network, social circles, blogs, review sites and online articles when seeking news, information and opinions. Because of the trust people put in online resources, and the quickness with which “the word” will spread, social media simply cannot be ignored as a critical component of any comprehensive publicity campaign.
PublicCity PR, in partnership with some of the industry’s best social media execution experts, can provide the following social media strategy services:
- Techniques for increased visibility on popular sites such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Connecting your interests with the right blogs and online media outlets
- Positioning your business with leading online directories; making it easy for customers to find you
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your website to ensure those seeking you find you quickly and easily
As you’re thinking about social media and its use for your business or organization, here are some tips to consider:
- Make sure your website has prominently displayed social media channel buttons and an email capture box.
- Socialize the user’s experience on your webpage. Add images and allow for commenting.
- Add a Facebook “like” button. Once a user hits “like,” the site can be personalized for their experience.
- Use social media to engage your “fans.” Make them feel as if they are contributing to your success.
- Make your customers the expert on your product! Have a forum where the customer can answer product questions. This creates a word-of-mouth referral for your product as endorsed by real customers.
- Allow users to share posts and news in their own social newsfeeds.
- Enhance and personalize your share and social media buttons to reflect your business.
- Add bonuses for social media check-ins! For example, a café can offer a free cup of joe for patrons “checking in” socially on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare.
- Always respond to reviews, whether they are positive or negative. It shows you really care.
- Get the party started by asking users daily questions and allow for discussion.
Enter here for more information on PublicCity PR's social media successes.